Wish Kazakhstan a Happy New Year
Some interesting facts are:
1. The New Year for Kazakhs is called Nauryz, and it is celebrated on the 22nd of March.
2. It was in the year 1991 that Kazakhstan became an independent nation. Before that, the country used to be a part of the Soviet Union.
3. Though this country is land locked, it still has its own naval fleet which is based on the Caspian Sea.
4. Kazakhstan is home to the Baikonur Cosmodome, the world’s first and largest space launch facility. It is leased by the Russians until 2050.
5. The women of Kazakhstan are often dress very stylishly and in high heels.
6. Often times pipes for water and gas are above ground! This makes it easier to repair them if needed.
7. Apples are reputedly to originate from Kazakhstan and there are still wild apple forests in the country.
8. It is believed that it is in Kazakhstan where man first rode a horse, thousands of years ago.
9. Lake Balkhash of Kazakhstan is one of the largest lakes in the world. One half of Lake Balkhash consists of fresh water, while the other half is made up of salt water.
10. The national bird of Kazakhstan is the Golden Eagle, while Dombra is its national instrument.
For more facts visit:
Some beautiful places are:
For tourism details visit: