The Persian Gulf
The Persian Gulf is a Mediterranean sea in Western Asia. An extension of the Indian Ocean (Gulf of Oman) through the Strait of Hormuz, it lies between Iran to the northeast and the Arabian Peninsula to the southwest. The Shatt al-Arab river delta forms the northwest shoreline.
Countries with a coastline on the Persian Gulf are (clockwise, from the north): Iran, Oman (exclave of Musandam), United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar on a peninsula off the Saudi coast, Bahrain on an island, Kuwait, and Iraq in the northwest. Various small islands also lie within the Persian Gulf, some of which are the subject of territorial disputes between the states of the region.
I have already covered Iran and Iraq.
Oman, is an Arab country in the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. Holding a strategically important position at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the nation is bordered by the United Arab Emirates to the northwest, Saudi Arabia to the west, and Yemen to the southwest, and shares marine borders with Iran and Pakistan. The coast is formed by the Arabian Sea on the southeast and the Gulf of Oman on the northeast. The Madha and Musandam exclaves are surrounded by the UAE on their land borders, with the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman forming Musandam's coastal boundaries. The capital and largest cityis Muscat. The currency is Rial (OMR).
1. In Oman, Frankincense trees only grow in the wild.
2. There is a shrub in Oman, known as myrtus communis or yas. Its leaves are used for making perfume.
3. Omani men wear long robes known as dishdashas, while the womenfolk wear Omani burqa masks.
4. Omani men can be found wearing the traditionally curved dagger, known as Khanjar. Their national dress also includes the 'turban'.
5. Every two years, an Omani person is chosen by UNESCO, for the most noteworthy contribution to environment. He is then awarded a prize by the ' Sultan of Oman'.
6. In Oman, People do not pay taxes.
7. Health care and education is free in Oman.
8. The official weekend is Thursday and Friday.
9. The country was devastated in 2006 by a cyclone.
For more facts visit:
Some beautiful places are:
For tourism details visit: +OmanTourismAU +OmanTourismAU
#oman #omani #fragrance #muscat #gulf #travel #tourism #letsnailedtheworld
The Untold Stories
"Not Everyone Have The Ability To Handle Success"
My new blog "The Untold Stories" is coming soon.
Find Me On:
Instagram: https://instagram.com/shahebaz001/ #shahebaz