Latvia is a democratic parliamentary republic established in 1918. The capital city is Riga, the European Capital of Culture 2014. Latvian is the official language. Latvia is a unitary state, divided into 118 administrative divisions, of which 109 are municipalities and 9 are cities. The currency is Euro (€) (EUR).
Some interesting facts are:
1. There are over 12,500 rivers going through Latvia, making it the largest spawning ground for salmon in the eastern Baltics.
2. The famous Amber Road goes through Latvia. Amber is fossilized tree resin, is a national cultural symbol and frequently sought by ancient civilizations such as the Vikings and others.
3. The widest waterfall in Europe is in Latvia. ‘Ventas Rumba’ is 360ft wide- which really must be stunning to see.
4. Latvia is home to a lot of returning rare plants and animals. You might be able to catch a glimpse of: the European lynx, European wolves or even the extremely rare black stork.
5. The ‘prison experience’ hotel, Karosta. It is exactly what it sounds like- you get to stay there and live like a prisoner.
6. The longest day in Latvia runs to over 17+ hours of sunlight.
7. The TV tower in Riga is the 3rd tallest building in Europe.
For more facts visit:
Some beautiful places are:
For tourism details visit: +latviatourism @Travel_Latvia
#Europe #Latvia #Letts #Prison #AmberRoad # VentasRumba #Travel #Tourism #World #Facts #LetsNailedTheWolrd
The Untold Stories
"Not Everyone Have The Ability To Handle Success"
My new blog "The Untold Stories" is coming soon.
Find Me On:
Instagram: https://instagram.com/shahebaz001/ #shahebaz